Sunday, March 28, 2010

Information on Marijuana

Since I found out the initiative for legalizing and taxing an ounce of Marijuana was going on the ballet on November, I've been spending the weekend better educating myself on the issue. I've Picked up a book from Borders called "Marijuana is Safer: So why are we driving people to drink?" By Steve Fox, Paul Armentano and Mason Tvert. The Book makes the Argument that Alcohol, which is legal, is more dangerous than pot, which is illegal. The Book is also filled with facts and studies about Marijuana. I've also seen a couple of documentaries. One called "Grass - History of Marijuana" and another called "Hemp for Victory" which was actually created by the US Department of Agriculture.


Of course, I do try to hear both sides of the argument, so I've also visited http://www.justice.gov/dea/demand/speakout/index.html and http://www.justice.gov/dea/demand/speakout/07so.htm and read their arguments against Legalization. Unfortunately, these pages talk more about illegal drugs in general and not specifically about Marijuana. Other then that, I wasn't able to find many solid arguments through Google. Look for yourself if you don't believe me and if you do find one please send me a link.

Besides that, I have also visited the websites for NORML, SAFER, and MPP, I've contacted my local officials about supporting the initiative, and will hopefully become actively involved in the campaign. I will update my research and progress as it goes along. For now, I urge you to visit these sites and show your support, or at least read about the benefits of supporting the campaign...

Organizations:
NORML - http://norml.org/
SAFER - http://www.saferchoice.org/
Marijuana Policy Project - http://www.mpp.org/
Tax Cannibis 2010 - http://www.taxcannabis.org/

Links to the Documentaries:
Grass: History of Marijuana - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sknoKWsVlAA
Hemp For Victory - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne9UF-pFhJY

Book:
Marijuana is Safer: So Why Are We Driving People to Drink? - http://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Safer-Driving-People-Drink/dp/1603581448

Thanks,
-F

No comments:

Post a Comment